What is Plagiarism?
The Canadian Oxford Dictionary defines plagiarism as:
1. Taking and using (the thoughts, writings, inventions, etc. of another person) as one's own.
2. Passing off the thoughts etc. of (another person's) as one's own.
It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to:
- ask questions and seek help from teachers and library staff
- follow the MLA or APA format as directed by your teacher.(checkout our research pages for further information)
- submit an Acknowledgments page to give credit to help given by others
- use in-text or in-project documentation accurately and appropriately
- use Works Cited and Works Consulted pages accurately and appropriately
- submit only your own work
If you have more questions check out Plagiarism.org or ask your teacher.